BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

My weekend doings

Happy Easter a day late! Saturday morning I started a sewing project and I had planned to blog after dinner, I stated feeling sick so I laid down and went to bed early so I didn’t have time for an Easter post. Rachel had a beautiful Easter poem which can be found here. We had our Easter program yesterday and it went great! We where so nervous cause we didn't start working on it as soon as we should have but all turned out well.

Saturday I started turning these old jeans into a skirt.

It was much more difficult that I had anticipated it would be. First I ripped out the inseams, one inch below the zipper and then nine inches from the back waist band.


Then the hard part. Filling in the openings with fabric. I used a pair of my dad's old blue jeans and just cut the legs off. The hardest part was getting the fabric to fit just right; I'm a bit of a perfectionist at times so this took longer than it needed to.


I'm fairly pleased with the finally results, it took many rip outs and repins to get to this point.

All that’s left is for me to surge the bottom and to hem it. Instructions may be found here
I must head off to go cut out some coupons. I want to thank every one for their tips/support on the modest dress post last week. It really was an encouragement me, and I’m sure to others, to read y'alls words of encouragement. I pray that y’all have a wonderful rest of the day.

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Nice to meet you. :) Your jean-skirt is a neat idea. My mom did that last year with a few pairs of pants she had. They turned out nicely. :)

Blessings!
Miss Jocelyn

Rachel said...

That looks like a fun project!

Anonymous said...

Hello again! I can't wait to see your photos for the challenge. :)

Stephanie said...

I have to admit that turned out awesome. I wish I was that crafty! Maybe in my down time I will test sewing out. I used to sew all the time...not sure why I ever stopped.