BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Day one



Today was my first day of the feelin' femmine challenge and much to my horror when I woke up it was cold. I wore a skirt anyway, by the time we went out shopping it wasn't cold any more, just slightly chilly, by three or so it was pretty nice out, perfect skirt weather. I didn't have many chances to take pictures of my normal daily activities but my mom did snap on while I was helping her cook, well I was trying to help cook, I dropped the taco shells and cracked all but four of them. The only reason four survived was because I had already placed them on the tray.
We have a concert at 8:30 tomorrow but luckily it’s really close to where I live so I won’t have to wake up really early. This Sunday is the finally concert before choir tour. Its been kind of depressing listening to all my friends prepare for choir tour and listen to all the plans but I know there is a reason I'm staying home this time, I just don’t know what the reason is yet. The choir will be heading out Wednesday, please keep the choir in your prayers the second of April though the twelfth for safe travel and good health.
The concert this Sunday is going to place me in an uncomfortable situation. I will be seeing old friends that I have not seen in some time, I have changed greatly since I last saw these people and I am extremely nervous about seeing them again. Please pray that I will respond in the way that I should and that I will be able to focus on praising my Lord and not worry about the people I will be seeing.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Hi Sydney,

It just so happens that I am Sydney too! I've been reading your blog for a little while and it seems as though you not only have my name, but a lot of the same characteristics and pleasures as well! :-)

Anyway, I will definitely pray for you! I TOTALLY know the feeling of meeting old friends and feeling very uncomfortable because of how much we've both changed over the years! I also understand your choir dilemma. I used to be in choir as well and had a hard time when they would go traveling and I wouldn't. It turns out, I found a very good reason for why I didn't go, the very day they left. Just remember what the Bible says over and over again: "It came to pass..." ;-)

Lord, please help Sydney. Take away all nervousness and any other uncomfortable feelings in meeting these old friends. Give her the right words to say, that would glorify You and help her to focus on who she's trying to please, You, not man/woman! Give her Your peace as she stays home while the choir goes traveling. Let her know that she's doing the right thing in honoring her parents and You. Show her the reason she's home, in Your perfect timing. Also, please keep the choir safe, Lord, wherever they may roam. Amen!

God bless and vaya con Dios. BTW, I started the "Feelin' Feminine Challenge" today also. Looking forward to more of your pictures. :-)

Shalom,

Sydney :-) ;-) =)

Psalm 37:3-8 (notice the last line)

Rachel said...

My prayers are with you Sidney! May you trust the Lord that He is your only strength and will see you through this time.

By the way, I agree it does get hard to wear skirts when it gets cold outside, especially in the northern states where there is snow. It makes me resort to wearing thick tights, boots, and on the very cold days, wool skirts.

Anonymous said...

I grew up in the North - New England - and I know what cold weather is like (I've been in -40 degrees before, and seen over 3 feet of snow come at one time!), but really, skirts can be warm enough for cooler weather. :)Longer skirts, especially ones down to the ankle, are great for cold weather, (warmer material is definitely a plus!) and we would wear leggings underneath our skirts in the wintertime. I haven't worn pants for quite a while now, and have kinda figured out some tips and tricks when it comes to wearing skirts. :) Anyway, just thought I'd leave you a comment. :) Have a great day!

Sydney Smith said...

Kept4Him, Wow -40 degrees! I can't imagine! I think 40 degrees above 0 is cold!
Sydney, Thanks for commenting and for your prayers! I'm glad you'll be taking the challange with me!

Rachel thank you for your prayers, you have no idea how much they mean to me.