BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Concert and other stuff

Oliva Joy at All that is good is giving away an awesome looking bag! Be sure to check out her page.

Last night we had a small concert at our director's old church. The church was so small! Some of our guys where hitting their heads while on the risers! It all went well until the end, one of my friends has been having knee problems and his knee started to give out at the end of the last song, He is going for a MRI this Tuesday so if y'all would pray for his knee I'm sure him and his family would appreciate it. After the concert my blood sugar had gotten kind of low and I wasn't feeling that great, a friend got me something to drink and started feeling better in a few minutes. After wards I started thinking how that’s like our daily life. I can’t eat things that have a lot of sugar yet some times it looks sooo good and I do it anyways, I always suffer later and regret it. The same goes for our Christian walk, we see things that we know are bad for us yet we want them anyways. Skipping meals is something that’s not an option for me, if I don’t eat I get dizzy and sick feeling. I may not notice the affects right way and I might be thinking I'm doing pretty good I don’t need to eat; well that doesn't last very long, I soon realized that my mother was right and that I should have eaten. Christians also tend to do the same thing, we wake up late or we have a busy day ahead of us so we skip our Bible reading and prayer time, we may think that it’s not going to affect us, yet sooner or later it will. We get spiritually weak, we don’t make as good of choices as we ought to; the list could go on and on. I know that I forget to read my Bible from time to time and those days normally go pretty bad. So let me encourage you don’t forget to take care of your "spiritual blood sugar" by reading your Bible and praying daily.

0 comment(s):