BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fruit of the Spirit: Gentleness

Hello one and all!
I know, I was supposed to write this yesterday but I didn't. I'm a bad bloggest(My own word for a Lady blogger). So here's the post I should have written yesterday.

Gentleness is one of the traits that, to me, is the one that is most visible. When Out grocery shopping with my mom and brothers you can always tell mothers who are gentle and those who are not. The mother who is yelling at her child as often as she draws breath is obviously NOT gentle; On the other hand the mother who firmly yet gently and lovingly corrects her child is manifesting gentleness. Yes, I know you can’t judge how people are by how you see them in a store, but it does make a good illustration. Gentleness, According to Mr. Webster, means: "Gen"tle*ness, n. The quality or state of being gentle, well-born, mild, benevolent, docile, etc.; gentility; softness of manners, disposition, etc.; mildness." Gentleness is something that takes practice. It’s very easy to be gentle when everything is peaceful but to be gentle when someone is annoying you is different story! Gentleness is something that draws me towards people, a girl I know is very quite and gentle, she and I have very different in personalities but her gentleness draws me toward her. I find it impossible not to smile at this person when ever she passes by me. A gentle spirit is blatantly obvious in those that have one. We all should strive for a more gentle spirit everyday. Let me end by saying this. No one is perfect, just because a person seems gentle it doesn’t mean they are. More important then seeming gentle is what your heart condition is. If you have a rebellious heart it doesn’t matter how gentle you may seem. So we should not strive to be gentle for praise of men, but we should strive to have a gentle heart as well. Matthew 12: 34 reads “For out of abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh”.

3 comment(s):

Sarah Allie said...

I totally agree. We should all really strive for gentleness.

Sarah Allie said...

Can't wait to read more of yours either!! C'ya tonight!

Rachel said...

In my opinion, gentleness is one of the gifts of the spirit. It takes patience to acquire and a constant attention to keep, and mostly it takes joy to truly be sincere. Only with the help of the Father could give anyone have that.

By the way, you're not required to post every day. Well, you can if you want to, but no bloggest I have ever read does that. (just so you don't feel any pressure)

Hehehe, I'm lucky if I have time to post once a week regularly.