BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Feelin' feminine challange



I've heard about this from several sites but I finally decided to try it for my self. I've never wore skirts for a whole week before so I think this is going to be interesting. I’m going to start tomorrow since I’m already wearing jeans today.

Brooke’s original thoughts about the Challenge:

"Yes, you can do almost about anything in skirts. I think it’s a very neat idea to wear skirts for a whole week. Some might think its weird and probably wonder how they’d survive or manage in a skirt all week: but let me tell ya, you can do practically anything in a skirt. Of course, there are particular activities that might make it harder in a dress/skirt, but most ladies will agree that skirts don’t limit your abilities to do everyday things. I think striving to wear all skirts or cute dresses for a solid week would be an awesome challenge.

(Jocelyn's Post)
I thought it would be neat, just like these ladies, to try wearing only wearing skirts/dresses. I think it would be interesting to try it for an entire week. No matter what your age: I hope you’ll join us! My sister Holly and I are going to do it this week starting Monday. I don’t know if anyone would like to join us, but if you do, I’m going to start my own “skirt goal/challenge”.

See what a great idea this was? I was so thrilled being able to see so many participating! I was sad once the week was over, but I was glad to have been given the opportunity to see all the likeminded girls posting, sharing their convictions, AND see their pictures. I loved how Super Angel added a verse beside each outfit she wore. That was clever and a great idea!

Anyway, I told Brooke I wanted to keep it going and she agreed to continue doing it with me as did Amanda. So we’re all going to continue to do the challenge at the end of each month for a week. This is the last week of February so I want to invite you all to do the challenge again. Last time I only posted one picture. One pitiful picture… you see I usually only wear one skirt in the winter and four of the exact same t-shirts… but perhaps I can pull out some of my cooler weather clothing, just for show. : ) I’ll try to get some more variety this time.

The Challenge (by Brooke)
To wear only skirts/dresses for an entire week (7 days.) Post some pictures on your blog and show us some of your outfits. If you don’t have exactly 7 different skirts, that’s o.k. Mix and match with your shirts. If you’d like, post every day of your challenge week and show us what you wore like the other ladies in the links above did. (I am hoping to do so.) And be creative! You can easily be modest and fashionable at the same time. Being modest and feminine doesn’t mean wearing a skirt that covers your toes and a shirt that comes all the way up to your neck, and has dull colors. No! You can be modest, feminine, lovely, beautiful and stylish all at the same time! So, be creative! Throw in some accessories. Put on a hat if you want; Dress up with some jewelry or earrings, fix your hair in a lovely fashion. Show us how you can look modest and feminine, yet with some added style.

Already Wear Skirts?
If you already wear skirts regularly, please participate anyway! This is for all females. Show us how you mix and match your clothes, what type of fabric skirts you like best (blue jean, cotton, etc.), your favorite skirts and outfits, etc. We’d love to hear about it!

Challenge Extras:

Venture out in your attempts to be fearlessly feminine!
Fix your hair a different way each day of the challenge week. Must not be the same in all 7 days (that means 7 different hair-styles). Be creative and try new hair styles. Take a picture and show us.
Wear a different pair of earrings if you have pierced ears, each day, or if you don’t, a different piece of accessory.
Show us pictures of daily activities of you in your skirts
The Goal of the Challenge:

Venturing out for one week to be fearlessly feminine in the way you dress
Experiencing a week of skirts/dresses and comparing it to your regular ways of dress and style
Evaluating yourself at the end of the week and comparing it to your regular way of dress: how was the experience for you? Any particular stories? Did wearing skirts rather than pants affect the way you felt? The way you felt about yourself? The way you acted? The way you carried yourself? Were you able to go about everyday activity as freely as pants? How did people respond? Were you more respected? Did you feel more like a lady? After the challenge do you desire to keep wearing skirts more regularly, or were you desperate to wear pants again? ETC.
Sharing with other girls your outfits and give ideas of mixing and matching
Showing how beautiful female femininity actually is!"

Ok back to my own words now.
I'll be post every day except for Sunday but I will take pictures and post them the next day! I'm really looking forward to this and I hope y'all will be joining me.

4 comment(s):

Susan said...

You go, girl! :) I have been doing everything in a dress since I was 9 years old, and now I'm . . . well, over 40, anyway! ;) Looking forward to your pics.

Sarah Ann said...

I adore dresses and skirts and wear them all the time!!! Only on rare occations do I wear gouchos. Life is very do-able in a skirt for a lady!!! :-) I know you will enjoy wearing them for a week. Go for it girl!!!

Rachel said...

Oh, I love to wear skirts and dresses! They just make one feel more like a lady. So I think I wear skirts, at the very least, four days a week.

Good luck, you should have loads of fun.

Anonymous said...

I do everything in a skirt - even have some skirts that are for gardening, etc. and modest when doing that kind of work. Try wearing nice shoes - instead of tennis shoes. I don't mean dressy shoes, I just mean something more feminine.

Try this blog:

http://countrymaidenlane.blogspot.com