BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fruits of the Spirit: Longsuffering

Ok before I start the Fruit of the Spirits I wanted to mention how choir is doing. Our first concert is the 29th, which I will not be attending because its 45 minutes both ways and we're only singing for 30mins so the drive time would be three times the singing time. It’s kind of sad that I'll be missing it cause there will be to many first sopranos missing, so they won’t be able to do any of our higher songs. The first full concert will be March ninth! Me and about 3 other firsts sopranos are doing a descant (a counter melody that’s higher than the other parts) on a song called Worthy is the Lamb I've never been put on descant before, needless to say I'm slightly nervous. Ok now that I'm done rambling about my nerves, or lack there of) lets get on to the subject of longer suffering.
Longsuffering is something that many people seem to lack. Longsuffering means: "(Adjective) a long-suffering person is patient despite being annoyed or insulted regularly over a period of time." This is one of the few Fruits that I have been blessed with naturally, but sometimes I do get upset and "ruffled" with people. In order to be longsuffering you have to be able to get over your pride. Pride is what flames up and makes up want to retort or if you’re like me smart off. Pride says "they have no right to say that to me! Who do they think they are to insult me like that?" a friend of mine once said “pride is like a pineapple, Hard to swallow".
Being able to let things go and let them not bother you is a result of being dead to your old self. We should all try to be humble our self’s and not to take offence, even when we have the right to do so, and try to be patience and longsuffering with others, especially those who are lost in sin. If Christians where as longsuffering as they ought to be the lost world might take notice and wonder what we have that makes us the way we are.

1 comment(s):

Rachel said...

Hello Sydney, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I'm glad you found me! Your blog is very beautiful, and you have such great thoughts for being still young. I look forward to getting to know you better.

By the way, I "tagged" you ;^)