BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fruits of the Spirit

Last night, when I was doing my nightly devotions, I read Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruits of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering gentleness, goodness, Faith, meekness, Temperance: against Such there is no law." At first I just read over them like I normal do a verse that I know well, but when I had set my Bible aside for the night I began to wonder what does that really mean and Matthew 7:20 came to mind "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." and it made me wonder if people can tell That I am a born again believer by my fruits. Do I bear the fruits of the Spirit like I should? The painful answer was not as well as I should. So I decide to study each one and to apply it. So the First one is "love". When I looked up the word love I found it to mean "unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1): the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2): brotherly concern for others b: a person's adoration of God"
I am a pretty loving pretty loving person, but do I always love others the way I should? The answer is obviously no, to truly love people you must be willing to always put them first, you must be willing to serve them to the best of your abilities, which is not something that I always do. So I thought up some ways that I (or any one else) could do to show love to others.
1. Say an uplifting word to at least one person and really mean it.
2. Do some extra chores or cook for the family and do the dishes.
3. Hand out gospel tracts at least pray for a lost neighbor or family member.
4. Volunteer to baby-sit for a family in your church so that the parents can enjoy a night together.
5. Ask your pastor if your church has any needs that you could help with. Many times they will have something for you to do. (Even if it’s cleaning the church’s bathroom)
6. Be creative, Find something that you can do for some one else.

If any one has any other ideas please list them, or if you have something you'd like to share please do so.

0 comment(s):