BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Two weeks and no shampoo or brushing!



I hit the two week mark of being shampoo free! I was so very unsure of being shampoo free and not brushing my hair but it really works! So many of my friends have been asking for the curly girl website because they are tired of "torturing" their hair as well. I looked and looked and I couldn't fine any pictures of my hair in its natural state, all of my pictures where me with straightened hair. It’s been very hard to get used to leaving my hair to do its own thing and even when it’s not as "tame" as I wish it would be, I can at least say "that’s my curl, that's what God gave me". I'm learning accept that God made me look the way I do and there’s nothing I can do about it. Hating my hair and complaining about its natural state was very much a habit, I'd walk by a mirror and cringe at the site of my puffy hair. By trying embrace my hair has helped me see that God makes each of us different and that everyone is a work of art, personally designed by the hand of God.

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Your hair is so pretty, Sydney! When you mentioned on your earlier post that your hair is naturally curly I was kind of confused because I could only remember you with straight hair. lol Anyway, your hair looks great!

See ya,
Beth

Sarah Ann said...

Thank you for sharing about your hair. I found the link to your blog through you commenting on YLCF's blog. Your name "a young lady in waiting" caught my eye, because I have a e-ministry called "Ladies In Waiting" (www.ladies-in-waiting.net). I have curly hair and have tried may things to help it but non have really worked. I have just ordered the book and I look forward to trying this myself! BTW...I never knew of that curly girl link on YLCF! Thanks a lot for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sydney-

Thank you for coming by my blog. I believe we came across each other through "ModesTeen," right? Thanks....

I am glad you enjoyed my modest post! Actually my mom made me and my sisters some culottes to wear. I do like them!! Sorry I forgot to include that.

Have a great week and God bless!

Love, Miss Elizabeth

P.S. You have such beautiful hair!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Your hair is LOVELY! I have read about this before, and thought of trying it myself because I have naturally curly hair which I usually comb out, but didn't know if it worked... hmmm... you inspire me! :D ;)