BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Valentine’s Day, a day where most people are thinking about that special some one. If you’re like me its easy to start to feel a little sad and lonely when you think of the fact your "alone" and the hardest thing is to keep your focus and to wait for love. Many of my old friends have or are dating with out their parental consent. When I think of them my heart aches for them for two reasons: that they are going against biblical principles and also because they have no idea the pain that is waiting for them. Not to long ago I gave up my heart to the Lord and to my parents, I refused to get caught up in the dating game that so many of my peers where pushing me to join. It honestly has been very hard but it has been worth it to. One of my best friends got involved in the dating game and it took her farther than she had ever dreamed it would, she once told me she wished she could change to how she used to be but she liked the attention the boys gave her. She later when to a Christian ranch to help people who have problems and who need help in their Christian walk, She changed so much and when I last saw her she was happy and smiling brighter than I had ever seen, she had giving her heart back to the Lord and to her parents. Another of my friends is still wrapped up in dating and flirting, so much that she often refuses to talk to other girls because their "competition". She likes boys that she can’t have and once they notice her, she moves on to the next one. This friend is very pretty, but she’s so self-conscious and unhappy that she feels she needs to attract boy's attention, and she thinks the best way to do that is to dress in clothes that push the standards of her family and to not eat to stay stick thin. She may look happy but I know she's not; she'd often tell me that she felt ugly, fat and unloved when she wasn't getting attention from boys. I pray for this friend daily and I've shed countless tears for her and for her heart-aches.
So if any one is reading thing let me encourage you to give you heart's to the Lord and to your parents this Valentine’s Day, yes it may seem like your missing out on "fun" but it will save you from so much pain in the end. I feel a joy like none other. True happiness is found in the lord and there is nothing that compares to it!

3 comment(s):

Susan said...

Hi, Sydney! Beth told me about your blog, and I've been reading everything you write. You're doing great! It makes me proud to see you writing of giving your heart to the Lord and your parents, especially when those around you don't understand that kind of life or want it. You keep serving God and waiting on Him, and you will have His richest blessings waiting for you!

Love,
Mrs. Susan

Anonymous said...

I found your beautiful blog quite by accident. I started a blog a while ago, but I'm so busy with college that I didn't have the time to update it much so I finally got rid of it... I loved doing it and maybe I'll start another one. Anwyay...

I am so refreshed and encouraged to hear of another young lady who is willing to WAIT. I am a 19 year old college student who is attending an Independent Fundamental Baptist Bible College and it can be very disheartening to see the way Christian girls behave. Not too long ago I noticed a verse in Song of Solomon that challenged me even more to continue waiting: "I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, not awake my love, until he please." It is repeated several times in that book and it encouraged me to wait, and not try to stir up or awake any kind of romance, but to wait on God. :) I hope that it's an encouragement to you! Thank you for your desire to do right!

Ella said...

Sydney, you left a comment on my blog which you found through ModesTeen. This was a lovely post. I also have chosen to reject the dating game, and many I know do not and will not understand. I can only believe that God will reward our waiting with the ONE true love He has for us!

In Christ,
Ella