BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Take it to Heart Challenge

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee. Psalm 119:11. We all know that scripture memory is important but how many of us really memorize it like we should. At end of last year my pastor challenged us to memorize 1st Corinthians 13. Only one verse a week, we where not allowed to say more than one verse a week, the goal was to "take it to heart" not to simply memorize some verses to get a pin. This time we're memorizing Proverbs 3:1-13. I'm going to challenge my readers to take up this challenge too. Only one verse a week for thirteen weeks, each week you memorize and mediate on it. Find a friend or family member to whom you can say the verse to each week. The first week you say verse one the second week you say one-two third week 1-3 so on and so forth. So are you up for the challenge? If so click the link below and add your self to the list! *edit* If you dont have your own blog just link it back to my page.

1 comment(s):

Rachel said...

It always seems pretty easy to memorize scripture for reciting, but to remember it the next week? not so easy. But a great challenge to pose, I am going to be doing Romans 12.