BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Doctor vist

Greetings one and all!
Today I went to the doctors mainly just for a check up but also to ask about some of the problems I've been having with my blood sugar. It was my mother that told the doctor because at the last minute I decided that I wasn't sure I wanted to tell her less they made me take a fasting glucose test. Well we talked for a while about it and she said that it sounded like it was my blood sugar; she then told me that she would ask the other doctor if he thought that I needed to take a fasting glucose test. She came back in and told me that, yes they wanted me to take one.
For those of you that don't know what a fasting glucose test is, its where you go a certain about of time with out eating or drinking anything but water, then you go to a lab and they take some blood and measure how much glucose is in the blood. In some cases they make your drink a mixture (from what my mother told me it taste NASTY) and then make you wait and hour or two then the take more blood and compare. I (praise God) only have to have my blood drawn once!
I am slightly nervous but I'm trying not to think about it to much. My dad joked that they cut your arm to get the blood, even though I know that they don't do that it did nothing to calm my nerves. I personally like for my blood to stay INSIDE my body and one of the few things that make me feel sick is my own blood, if its someone else my compassion rules out the gross factor, but when its comes to seeing my own blood I rather not.
So please pray for me tonight and tomorrow, mainly for calmness. I know that nothing serious is going to happen but I'm still not looking forward to the whole "ordeal"
I pray that you all have a wonderful evening!

6 comment(s):

Rachel said...

Oh, having a blood test isn't fun at all (I had my blood drawn last January). Well, I hope it goes well for you.

Jasmine Baucham said...

I know exactly how you feel! I've only had my blood taken once, but I was so very afraid before and during the procedure! But once it's over, you'll find that it wasn't such a big deal in the first place.

I'll pray for you. I ask for prayer before doctor's appointments, too, because the doctor's office makes me nervous, no matter what sort of test I'm undergoing! It'll be over before you know it. :)

Susan said...

It may seem scary, but trust me . . . it's not biggie! And I deal with blood sugar tests and such all the time. Better to test and know for sure than to have problems!

Anonymous said...

I just prayed for you, Sydney, and will continue to do so! Don't worry...whatever happens, something good will come from it...He promised! :-)

Shalom,

Sydney Marie :-) ;-) =)

P.S. My mom says the orange drink mix tastes better. ;-)

*Ecclesiastes 7:14*

SamanthaMarie said...

You got it girl! I will be praying that you can have peace about the situation. I am praying now for comfort and that God brings you a sense of calm. Rest in your Father's arms, it will all be okay!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor dear. Don't fret too much. I am sure it will be alright, and the Lord will be there with you. I hope you will take peace and comfort in Him.
Thinking of you!

Love
MJ