BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Walking along the river


Howdy everyone!

It’s been nearly a week since I've last posted and I have a LOT to say. Wednesday I got my hair cut for my birthday, I didn't have any length taken off just some layers put it. The lady did a very good job and for once didn't try to sell me any product! It did hurt having the lady try to comb out the curls but she took her time and like always I got told that I have a lot of hair. Thursday went wonderful I had a great Birthday; I went out to eat with my grandmother and then had a great dinner of home made enchiladas! YUMMY!! After dinner we had my favorite ice-cream CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH!! Friday and Saturday where spent in San Antonio, We had a great time. We ate at the mall the for dinner Friday and it really made me remember how that as Christians
we are in the world but not of it. With every passing teen I felt more normal or should I say less normal. It truly broke my heart to see how my "peers" are dressing. It was a sea of thighs and cleavage; it truly made me thankful of my standards. When we where leaving the mall we passed by a hooters, I happened to get a glimpse inside from the huge window, what I saw made me blush and feel ashamed. I honestly wanted to grab a towel and throw it around the waitress. Later on down at the river walk a group of teens where wearing paper hats with differnt things on them, I was horrified at what some of them said. Teens my age and younger with vulgar and provocative things sprawled across their hats. I can't even quote the cleanest of them. People all along the river where dressed in low cut shirt, High slitted skirts and clothes so tight that you could almost read the date of the dime in their pocket. Tattoos, strange piercing, and just about every other "normality" of the world was there. I'm not saying that every body was like this just about half maybe more. I was shocked, broken hearted, and humbled. I know that the only thing that prevented me from turning out like that was the blood of my Savior and that with out him I'd be in the muck and filth of the world just like the people I saw. That night when I went to bed I started to pray for the people I had seen that day. I was broken hearted to think that so many people are living their lives like that and that they will keep doing so with out the blood of the Lamb. I am truly blessed that my Lord saved me from all that four years ago.

2 comment(s):

SamanthaMarie said...

It is truly disheartening to see people are age, younger, and older, to be acting the way they do and to be dressing the way they do. My heart goes out to them, because I know their way is hard and not worth it in the least.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) I'm glad it was so enjoyable. May God bless you with another lovely, growing, Christ-loving year!!

åslaug abigail said...

I know exactly what you mean. The same thoughts are in my head when I see people my age (and often much much younger) act and dress like they do. It embarrass me and grives me. But I'm not good at thinking I was there, not very long ago, so your post was a reminder for me there. Thank you. I wish I was better looking at the people around me with Christ's eyes and not my own.

Your sister in Him,
åslaug