BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

A taste of humility

Last Monday my mother was shopping where her and I often shop for fabric and other such things, one of mangers told my mother that if I wanted my old job back they would hire me. When my mother first told me this I was like "Psh ok like I'd go back" even though I kind of wanted to. You see I had quit a while back and was some what haughty every time we went in there about it. Well the next day I went in and asked the second manger if I could have my old job back, the look on her face was amazing, she thought I was joking at first. After I assured her I was for real she told me that I had to talk to the lady who did the hiring. I was scared to death! I wanted to run out of there with what little pride I had left and act like nothing had happened. I obviously couldn't do that so when the manger came out I had to swallow my pride and ask her for my job back, much to my surprise she said yes, just like that. Needless to say I was thrilled and so were some of the other people with whom I will be working again in two weeks. I did apologize for quitting even though it did feel like I was swallowing a pineapple. I'm not really prideful but I hate to be wrong, so asking for my job back was kind of painful to my ego; but all ended well and I'll be back at my job in two weeks.
Also, tomorrow my dear friend's sister will be getting married! Please pray for the couple as they start their new like together and for their families as they prepare for the wedding tomorrow.
Many blessings to you all.

2 comment(s):

SamanthaMarie said...

I'm glad that you know what I mean! (About the stories) and it is soo crazy to think that our moms and grandmas were once in our shoes. Maybe differently styled shoes ;) but they've been where we are now. It's very reassuring.

I'm glad that you were able to get your old job back. And that you were able to humble yourself. That is by far one of the hardest things for us to do, but one of the best things once we finally do it! :) I pray that you have a better experience at this job, the second time around! :)

I will keep in my prayers, your friend's sister and her new husband! :D Yay for weddings!!

Rachel said...

Hi Sydney, wow has it been a while since I visited your blog (or actually any blog for that manner...silly schoolwork...). You certainly have been busy!

While lessons in humility are always difficult, they help us to grow in so many ways. Though, I hope you are going to be happy back at your old job again. And I will pray your friend's sister!

Blessings,