BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Test results

First I want to thank everyone who prayed for me, it helped to comfort my spirit very much so.
Wednesday night I started my fast, and then the next morning I woke up and headed to the lab. I was nervous and kept fidgeting a little because the sing said that only the person on whom the blood work was to be done could go in the back, but thankfully they let my mother go back there with me. The nurse started with my left arm; at first it seemed to be a good idea but then all the sudden my arm stopped giving blood. First she changed vials, which hurt a little because it caused the needle to move around a little. Then she tried to pump blood down from my upper arm to spare me from having to start over. This didn't work so she started moving the needle around trying to get my blood flowing again, this hurt so badly. I started crying, my hand had lost feeling and so had my upper arm but the forearm still had feeling and boy I sure was feeling it! Since they use vacuum needles I could hear the suction with only added to the ordeal. I started getting dizzy and sick feeling from all of it. The nurse stopped trying to get blood and went to get some one else to figure out why my arm stopped bleeding. I lost it at that point, all I wanted to do was get out of there and forget about the whole thing, but they hadn't gotten enough blood. My mother who used to be a nurse said that she had never had a patient stop bleeding and the other two nurses agreed. So they went to my right arm and that time it was next to painless, it hurt no more than getting a plain shot, which is how my mom told it normal feels. We then went out to breakfast, which helped to soothe my trauma =]. My left arm was hurting but my right arm was just numb for the most part.
My mom told me that I might get a small bruise on my arms where they took the blood and I got one on my left arm (the one that had problems) but my right arm just barely got any discoloration and even that’s mainly from taking the tape off.


This morning the doctor called and said that I looked healthy enough and there was nothing that needed to be worried about. They don't think I have blood sugar problems but that it’s simply that my body burns every thing to fast, thus resulting in the dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, and all my other problems. They also said that my headaches where more than likely from sugar and caffeine. Thankful they said I don't need to cut it out completely unless I find that even the tiniest bit throws me off. They said the way to take care of my symptoms was to eat more often not more just more frequently. My nurse suggest eating normal meals (which I do) but to add three snacks a day, just small something’s when to keep me from getting bleh feeling. She also told me juice is a wonderful way to nip the dizziness at the bud.


The Lord truly is great and does look after His children!

9 comment(s):

Admin said...

What a great mom to take you out to eat :)

Love,
Mom

PS You were so brave!

Jasmine Baucham said...

I'm so sorry you had trouble, Sidney, but I'm glad it's over now!!!

(You're so much braver than I am :)

I'm glad you're well, and that you won't have to go through that scary ordeal again any time soon. :)

Ella said...

I detest the doctors! I am glad everything went well!

SamanthaMarie said...

Oh man, even just reading your description of what they did to your poor left arm made me cringe!!
It's interesting, my friend was giving blood to the blood bank and her arm stopped giving blood too! They were also uncertain as to why that happened. Weird!

I'm glad breakfast was yummy and that all is fine!! :)

Susan said...

I'm glad it's all over and you are fine. Even though it was painful going through it, you did it, and now you know to use that right arm instead of the left (that will help if you ever need an IV, believe me!). You did great!

Rachel said...

well, it's wonderful you don't have any blood sugar problems, and hopefully the little change in your eating habits will make you feel better! good joy getting through that blood test!

Anonymous said...

You're Mom is just like mine...she knows the perfect cure for just about anything! ;-) Praise God everything is all right with you! BTW, if you do decide to cut back on caffeine, do it in small steps. Also, if you're used to any amount of caffeine at all in the morning, don't not have it, as you WILL get a headache. I always get a headache in those cases too. God bless!

Shalom y'all!

Mia said...

I'm so glad everything went ok!
That must have been a tramatic experience, and you handled it so much better than I would! (I'm afraid I would've caused a scene!) Anyway, your faith and positive outlook is so encouraging!

--Mia

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm sorry about the first time and all the switching. Poor girl. I'm glad everything is ok now.

Love ya!