BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

Health and Beauty

One of the first things I notice about people is their smile, or the lack there of. The Lord has blessed me with straight teeth and a pretty smile. When I was younger it was a differnt story, for awhile my nickname was jack-o-lantern if that tells you anything. But I grew into my teeth and they straightened out which is a good thing because I smile most the time and most of the time its a big smile, I honestly have a hard time smiling small; in fact when I was having my student ID done the camera man, who was not smiling one bit and looked very grouchy and sour, told me that I smiled to big. At first I was very self aware of my smile for a few weeks but then I realized that my smile is a part of who I am. So how can you care for those pearly white? Here are some tips for helping you teeth look great with out having to pay big bucks to get them whitened.

One thing to that is important to know is that coffee, tea, soda, and any other drinks that have caffeine or that are dark can stain your teeth. So its best to avoid drinking them in excuse, besides your body needs water more than its needs soda. My mom told me story of a man that was in one of her collage classes who had his teeth whitened professionally. He would drink coffee and tea with a straw so that it wouldn't touch his teeth and then he'd go wash his mouth out to prevent any discoloration. I doubt many people do that but its still a good story about teeth whitening.

Want your teeth to look whiten instantly? For lighter skins and some medium skins it’s been said that pink/red lip gloss or lipstick can make your teeth look whiter. Peachy colors and anything that has an orange-y tint can make them look dingy and dirty! If you have darker or tan skin (I have very light skin so I have no Idea if this is true) I've read that plums, wine, and deep red are the best lip color and can make your teeth look better. Olive skins are said to look great in brownish reds, light browns, and raisin shades.
Wanna know more about picking the best lip color for you? Heres a great link.

When I'm nervous I bit my lips, this is a terrible habit and can be very damaging! A great way to get rid of dead skin cells and make your lips soft feeling and looking is to mix just a little olive oil and a tiny bit of sugar in the palm of your hand and gently rub the mixture onto your lips; some people say that using a soft toothbrush can help the process but I found that it was abit rough of my lips. When you go out in sun its important to put something on your lips to protect them. Even if it doesn't have SPF it in it will help a little! My favorite daily lip stuff is carmex. It keeps my lips soft and moisturized and enhances my own natural color.

Need a little whitening but don't wanna pay for it? Every so often when my teeth start to look like they need whitening I pull out a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, all you do it dip your toothbrush in some and brush your teeth with it! I would suggest doing this before bed or on a day you will be spending most of the morning home because it can and more than likely will cause out gums to look white! This is not permanent nor is it harmful but it can look kinda funny. Do this every night for a week or so and you'll notice a huge difference. Don't do this for more than 7-9 days and do it no more than once month. Rinse your mouth or brush with regular toothpaste afterward and you’re done!

Once again I want to remind everyone that outward beauty is NOTHING compared to the heart within! Having a smiling and singing heart is far more important than have white straight teeth!

Have an idea for my next beauty/health post? Share your idea and I’ll look in to it and try to write a post about it!

10 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Ooh, nice tips! I'll have to try the hydrogen peroxide...come to think of it, it does make sense! ;-)

God bless you, Sydney!

Shalom,

Sydney :-) ;-) =)

Anonymous said...

I do love reading your blog. I don't have a very nice set of pearly whites, but I do try keeping them as white as I can. I use the peroxide at least every other night and I've quite drinking pop so maybe that will help. :)

Great post Sydney.

Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. :)

Love
MJ

Anonymous said...

Sydney, thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog. I appreciate it. :)

Anonymous said...

You ladies should check out Everyday Minerals. It's quite light and natural. It's actually good for your face - instead of damaging - as most makeup is. I had acne trouble, but this makeup did improve my skin.

www.everydayminerals.com

They have a free sample kits, too.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what anonymous said about Everyday Minerals...the healthiest make-up out there from what I can see. On their site, they actually list either the ingredients they do or don't use...I can't remember right now. There are so many rave reviews for it! I actually just ordered my first sample kit recently and am excited to see how it works. Hopefully it improves my skin as well! I hadn't heard that perk before! :-)

Blessings,

Sydney

Anonymous said...

I should mention that Everyday Minerals is in the process of changing their website. So, if you run into any technical problems, that's why. Right now, the old site is still up. If you read the "news" section, and scroll down a post or two, you'll see the webaddress for their beta (test) site. I think the beta site will become the regular site by the end of May. It's already overdue. The makeup REALLY is fantastic. There is a little bit of a learning curve trying to find your shade and learning how to apply it (it's dry and you just put it on like powder). It does stay on all day - looks great, etc. Read the testimonials and see the "how to" sections. I'd look over the whole site thoroughly before attempting to order. AND, some people there are CRAZY unbalanced about makeup. Also, if you need help picking a color (like blush) CALL their customer support. They're SUPER nice and helpful. I highly recommend the long handled kabuki for applying your foundation or powder. I like the baby kabuki for blush. I don't usually bother with eye shadow, etc.

Sydney Smith said...

Dear Anonymous,
Thanks for your comments and for the link to everyday minerals!
I order my sample kit and I can't wait to try it out! I do like wearing make-up but if you read my post about clear skin you know I had to give it up, but hopeful this will work for my skin! Make-up (for me at least) is one thing that even just a touch of makes me feel more feminine! Thanks so much for the wonderful link and for all your helpful advice!

retrobellewife said...

Hi Sydney! I wandered onto your blog from someone else's favorites. I love the name and have seen it on several other blogs. I was finally able to make it over tonight. I just wanted to say I love your blog. It looks very nice. Your makeup advice was very interesting. I wear makeup most of the time, but only when we go out. I had never heard about the lipstick tricks, though. I'll have to remember that! I so agree with you on smiles. A smile can make all the difference.
I'll be sure to come back!
-Paige

Anonymous said...

HI Sydney,

Thanks for your comment on my LOTR post. You were very encouraging. :)
I really appreciate your visits. :)

Love
MJ

Anonymous said...

Again loved this post... posted/linked you here http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=257