BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

A long up-date

Sorry it has taken me so long to write on here. Life has been very busy around here, along with personal issues that I have been dealing with.

As you all know my mother recently had back surgery. Everything went very well and there are no complications at this present time. Today she was having some swelling at the surgical site so we went to see the doctor. He assured us that everything was more than likely fine and that she probably just tore a stitch under the skin or busted a capillary but as long as it wasn't bleeding or oozing and she was feeling fine and didn't have a high fever she would be just fine. She does have a very light fever however, about 99.6. The doctor isn't worried at this point and as long as nothing changes she should be great.

The day after her surgery was my 18th birthday! While she was still very sore and tired my mother was still able to get up and walk a little and watch me blow out the candles on my birthday cake. It has been so awesome to see her up and walking and slowly returning to her normal life.

Also, I've been preparing for college. I've applied to two out of state colleges. One is a two year college that I've been accepted to and the other is a four year that I won't hear back from until I take my SAT this June and they look over my scores. Please keep this is your prayers. Currently I am running around 690 on my critical reading, 620 on writing, and 400 on math. Obviously my math needs major work! I have a month and a half to work and get it up. I would like about a 600 in math as well, but a 500 would insure I won't have to take remedial math and I think guarantee me a spot at the college.

Currently I am dealing with a lot of person issues. Very tough ones that need a lot of prayer and help. Due to the nature of these issues I won't name them or mention anything about them. I have a lot to do in order to get everything worked out and it will be very hard to do everything that I must do. During the next few months I will greatly welcome any prayers y'all would lift up on my behalf. It feels like a huge mess and I know that I need to deal with this quickly and with much wisdom. How I respond to this will affect so much of my life and future. Prayer, study, and wise counseling is needed.
Hopefully I will be returning to my normal blogging habits shortly. So until next time, friends in the blog-o-sphere, please keep me in your prayers and I will keep you in mine.

3 comment(s):

jubileesong said...

Dear Sidney,

Thank you for the update! I've missed seeing you each week, and you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad your mom is doing better--I'll continue praying for her, and for you with the tough decisions you have to make.

love,

Sophie

Rachel said...

Hi Sydney! I am so happy that your mom seems to be doing a little better! I will continue to pray for her!

Congratulations on going to college! I hope it will be a good experience for you! =:) I am bad at math too so I understand. =;) I hope you get your scores up!

Aww, I am so sorry you are having these personal struggles! Those are always difficult when you need to make decisions that will greatly affect your life and future. I will certainly pray for you over the next few months!

Blessings!
~Rachel~

åslaug abigail said...

Praying for your choices and issues and your mother's back. You've always been of great encouragement to me!
Proud of being your sister in Christ,
åslaug