BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Young Maidens Daybook




Today…
March 16, 2009

Outside my window…
I see trees starting to come back to life after a long cold Texas winter.

I am thinking…
How funny it is that yesterday I "sewed" my finger. I've been sewing since I was eight and I've never hurt my self sewing, yet here I am nearly eighteen and I've sewn my finger for the first time. It didn't hurt to much, it just shocked me really bad. For those of y'all who don't know, blood makes me very sick; the sight, the smell, the taste, and even the thought of it. I had my mom check my machine for blood before I went back to my room to resume my sewing.
I think I freaked the whole family out because I had turned so pale. As I had my mother check to make sure that when the needle broke it hadn't gotten lodged into my flesh, everyone else was staring at me as if I was about to keel over...maybe I looked like I was going to?

Some times it's nice to have your mother fret over you after you've been taking care of everything else.=]

I am thankful for…
All of the wonderful women at my church, who have been bringing dinners for our family to help make things run smoother on our busy days.

I am wearing…
A t-shirt and my pajama pants. It is just one of those days.

I am reading…
A Severe Mercy, Frankenstein, Wuthering Heights, His Chosen Bride, and I finished Peter Pan yesterday.

I am creating…
The same sundress.

One of my favorite things…
Walks in the park.

For education this week…
Writing skills! This is something I desperately need!

A keeper at home skill I am using…
Using my time wisely.(using those "small moments" effectively)

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
I'm trying to learn not to worry so much.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Memorizing scripture, how can I tell my "kids" that they need to hide His word in their hearts if I'm not doing the same thing?

Scripture I am memorizing…
Colosssians 4:5-6 "Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grade, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."

I am praying for…
My mother's back, she meets with the surgeon next Tuesday to go over the different options.

For the rest of the week…
Cooking, cleaning, school, teaching, and choir.

A picture I’d like to share…


Taken last year in San Antonio on a trip I took with friends and family.
4/11/2008 (the day after my 17th birthday)

To participate click here

3 comment(s):

Melinda said...

Hey, you commented on my blog a while back encouraging me about my beliefs on eternal security. Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you, but I COMPLETELY forgot. I just wanted to say thank you!

God Bless!!

Rachel said...

Hi Sydney! I am working on the project for the pay it forward giveaway that I did and you were one of the winner's. I need your address and name so I can mail your gift to you when I finish it! =:) If you could visit my blog and leave me a comment (it won't be published), that would be great! Thanks!

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Rachel said...

Hi Sydney! I hope you are doing well and I hope your mom is doing all right! =:) How is she?

Um, I need to know your last name so I can mail off your pay it forward gift (I won't publish it). I finally finished your gift to the way I wanted it so I hope to mail it out this week or next.

Thanks!

Blessings!
~Rachel~