BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

A young maiden's day book



Today…
March 2, 2009

Outside my window…
Dark skies, it is 9:26 after all!

I am thinking…
That I wish I was feeling better

I am thankful for…
My family

I am wearing…
Denim and a green t shirt

I am reading…
A huge list...My desk has a big pile of books... this is pretty normal for me though.

I am creating…
A sundress and a pair of socks

One of my favorite things…
Smiles. I love seeing people smile

For education this week…
Same ol' same ol'. Gotta do some more graduation stuff.

A keeper at home skill I am using…
Cooking

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
Submission

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Patience and waiting on Gods timing not mine

Scripture I am memorizing…
Nothing right now

I am praying for…
College

For the rest of the week…
Work, cooking, graduation pictures, prom dress alterations, choir, and allergy testing.

A picture I’d like to share…


This is a picture I took last month at the pond.

Join here.

9 comment(s):

Felecia said...

Oh, are you sick? I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Hope you're better soon. I've been sick though I'm doing better today - no fun! :P

That is so neat that you are doing all the meals and everything for this month! Sounds great!

Btw .... I wanted to tell you, I saw the pix of your hair and it is SO pretty! I love red hair and your curls just add to it!

Anyways. Hope you have a good week!

~Lauraborialice said...

Thanks for commenting ! =) Glad to introduce you to them.. (lol not literally..) Plus if you want to here some of what they sing I have some on my music at the bottom of my blog My Life.. They are near the end though.. So you might need to go through my music.. =P haha I love the library!! And I was thinking once.. If they didn't have libraries people would have to spend a whole lot more money.. Plus if do the people who wrote the book lose money because of the library?? I mean a lot of people get the book from the library and the library usually only gets one or two copies.. Instead of everyone who wanted it buying it.. just a thought anyway.. sorry to write you an essay.. later!

Anonymous said...

Pray for you too, Syd. I hope everything is going well for you in that area. HUGS! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for participating in this! I enjoyed reading your entry and visiting your blog.
It was, also, nice to visit a fellow 2008-09 Homeschool Senior. ;o)
Have a great weekend!
~Alexandra

Anonymous said...

Prom dress?? So, what's up. How are you going to the prom?? Can't wait to hear.

Sydney Smith said...

Sorry girls that I haven't been replying to y'alls comments! Things have been pretty busy around here, I'll give a good detailed up-date hopefully Tuesday or Wensday after everything slows down again!

Felica, I was sick with some bug that had been going around but I'm feeling much better now, just a light cough. Thanks for complments to my hair, I can't really take credit for it though, sorta gotta thank my grandmother!(Shes the one I got it from)

Lauraborialice, The way authors and artist lose money from libraries are when people either plagiarizer and when they pirate music/dvds. Libraries do pay for books so the authors do get money off of that, Think if say 100 libraries nation wide bought say 2-3 books a piece, they not only make money off that sale but also get their name out in the open which can and more than likely will lead to more sales! I was checking out a series of books a few months back, I had placed a request on the items but I ended up with book four before three! So, since I only had book four for so long and couldn't renew because so many people wanted it, I went out to buy book three from the store. Also if I really like a book, I go and buy if after I've read it. So libraries are, in my opinion, pretty good for their business. Hope that clears up your thoughts!

Miss Jocelyn, thanks for your prayers!

Alexandra, Thanks for hosting a day book that applies to single ladies! Graduation is almost here! Can you feel it??

Anonymous, Most people have that same reaction, "you're going to prom??? How can that be???"
A lot of homeschool friendly states host homeschool proms! I'll be posting more details later! I'm sure y'all all get sick of hearing that so often!

Caroline said...

Hey, I just found your blog through the alabaster box blog and I love it! It's funny but serious at the same time. Nice job! Anyway, I'm also a homeschooler and I've got curly hair so I can't wait to try those tips!
God bless,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

Hello Sydney -

You asked about turning 18. I'll sum it up in one word - trauma. All trauma. You fall asleep the night before, heart pounding, and dream scary dreams while mobs of people jump up and down, pointing fingers at you and jeering "No boyfriend! She doesn't have a boyfriend! No boyfriend!".

Lol...actually, it isn't that bad:-). Like every dazzling thing, you grow accustomed to it. On my part, I try to forget about my age as much as possible - too overwhelming, you know?:-) But the boyfriend thing was totally realistic - every single relative that's called (except maybe my grandma) has gone, "So, you have a boyfriend??" I guess I never realized until now that "18" was synonymous with "boyfriend". (rolls eyes). Oh well, doesn't affect prnciples.

So other than the fact that you are now supposed to be extremely responsible and brave mountains and desert wildernesses on your own, it's tolerable. Sure, I'd go back to 17 any day, but I think I'll make it.:-) So when is your big day? Are you looking forward to it?

Much love, Nastya

Sydney Smith said...

Nastya, My big day will be April 10th. I'm pretty nervous! But so very excited! It all just seems to be happening soo fast! Turning 18 in April, Graduating in May, and college (hopefully) this summer! And some time between now and then I have to get a car! Wow, where has all the time gone? I am looking forward to though=]