BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 is here

2009, Wow. The past year has gone by so fast! This year is going to be one of much learning, I already know that. One where much in my life will change. I'm finishing high school, heading to college, buying a car soon, and growing up.

The past year was a wonderful one. As some of you know two years ago we changed churches. When we did so I was very upset and swore I would never be happy there. But last year proved me wrong, as did the year before that. As our second "anniversary" rolls around this Sunday, I am reminded yet again of how the good Lord works in my life.

Some things that I have learned this past year:

1. Complaining really doesn't help the problem, it just makes you feel worse in the end.
2. If something is worth doing it is worth doing correctly...the first time.
3. Don't sweat the small stuff. Not everything goes the way it was planned, learn to let some things go.
4. Pick your battles wisely. You don't need to give your two cents in every argument. Some times just smiling and walking away is the wisest thing to do.
5. Brokenness is beautiful. The Lord can work masterpieces with broken lives.
6. That a simple smile can lift a down trodden heart.
7. Praise matters. We often are quick to complain about things but how quick are we to praise when good things happen?
8. Family is more important then friends.
9. That person who said something rude to you might have just been having a bad day, give them the benefit of the doubt. They might just be a good friend waiting to happen.
10. God is always good. A lady once told me that nothing happens in our life with out God's "stamp of approval". That "bad" thing in your life is happening for a reason. God allowed it. God is always good. God is always God.

I could go on and on but I think those are the main things that I've been shown this past year.
Like most people I did make New Year resolutions.


1. Read my Bible more in depth.
2. Wake up earlier. I'm a night person so this one is hard for me.
3. Speak kinder words to my brothers. Even when my blood sugar is low and I get very moody.
4. Do more of my own sewing.
5. Spend more time thinking of others.
6. Be more thankful.
7. Fill my hopechest. Hope chest?
8. Exercise daily.
9. Post at least weekly on here.
10.Graduate high school =]


Some things I want to learn to do or simply make the time to do this year:

1. Knit a sweater
2. learn a foreign language.
3. Learn to make soap.
4. Get my own business out of the 'dream' stage and into real life!
5. Learn to make a good button hole. Trust me, its harder than you think.


I know this is so very late but I sort of hit a writing dead end.I was told that my writing needed some work and that my grammar was very poor. I know that my grammar needs work but it is something that I struggle with and also something that I have been working on. Rather then letting this slide like I should have I got upset and didn't want to write for awhile. I am now over this and will be blogging regularly again. Forgive me for allowing such a petty thing prevent me from sharing this.

2 comment(s):

Amanda said...

Thank you for your prayers for my Grandpa! The camera I us is a Sony a100 SLR. I got it with every single bit of my Christmas money in 2007, well worth it though!

Take care and blessings,
Amanda Richardson

Felecia said...

Hey thanks for the comment on my blog! Good luck to you in those last few months!!!!