BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What I've been working on

The past few days have been very busy!
Saturday was teachers training at church from early morning to mid afternoon and afterwards I had to go to work.
Sunday was church and I finished my quilt top.
Monday was work in the morning to late afternoon and then school all night.
Tuesday was cold and icy; I spend the day doing school and reading about scholarships for college. I also made some bags for my etsy! I do not have very much listed right now but I'm slowly making stuff up to add!

I have some left over fabric from my own quilt so I'm going to make a baby quilt! Also my mother and I are going to be making pin cushions and other cute things so keep an open eye for future items!



This quilt is going to be a rag quilt.
This quilt is going to be a rag quilt. A rag quilt is sewn with inverse seams and then the seams are clipped very close to stitch line every half inch or so. Then the quilt is washed in hot water a few times so the seams fray and look soft and fluffy. I've never made one before but a couple of older ladies were in Joann's one day telling me all about them and encouraged me to try! These ladies came in about once a week not only with updates on their quilt but also about their grandsons...I guess they thought that a granddaughter-in-law that could sew would be nice I don’t know, but anyways, they inspired me to try my hand at this!

Here is a close up on the clipping I have to do all over the top.










These are the Eco-green shopping bags I've made so far. I had my eye on these fabrics for a long time but was never sure what to make out of them! Then I decided shopping bags so I had an excuse to go buy some cute fabric! I love the dresses on the red and pink bags!












The piggies are my personal favorite!



All of them can fold up like this to fit in a purse to make sure you always have a green
alternative to plastic bags right at hand!



Also bed for little miss kitty that I finished a week or two ago.




Sadly dear little Izzy's life here may not be permanent. The last few months have been hard on my allergies. The beginning of this month I spent a few days in bed because they got so bad. I can hardly wear my contacts which is a drag for two reasons, one, my current glasses make me look really dorky. Two, they are very uncomfortable. Come July when I get my eyes recheck there are a really nice pair of glasses that I want to get instead of contacts. They are frameless around the lenses and the part that keeps them on is very discrete and blends in very well with my hair and skin color. Any ways back to the kitten, I want to get tested before I give away my little one. She's so sweet...most of the time...and is very fun to play with. Even the dog likes her. The down side is she likes to eat thread and tries to attack sewing machine needles as we sew. My mother and I have both ruined projects because of her. If we lock her out of the rooms she gets on the table and knocks stuff over so it’s very hard to get any sewing done. She also likes yarn...she loves chewing and has a fetish for knitting needles whilst I knit. Over all she hardly fits our life style as far as my mother's and my work. The other problem is when I start college in a few months. I'll be gone almost all the time so my mother would have to watch her which is impossible to do while working. I'm glad that we were able to save her and her brothers life and that I was able to raise her into some what decent cat but I think that its time to give her to some one that can give her all the love and attention that she will need. While I dote on her when ever I can it’s rarely enough to keep her out of trouble. Sadly I think I will be saying good bye to Miss Pretty Kitty as my brothers call her. This is the longest we've kept any strays or abandoned animal that we've found before and now I know why my parents always told us not to get to attached to our little visitors. I already know someone who will take her when the time comes. I'm just delaying the inevitable.

Anyways, I need to work on my typing for school and start my baby quilt. If you are having any wintry weather as we have been drive safe and keep warm.

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Cute sewing projects! I've never made a quilt, but will be starting one soon, possibly today. My mom and I went to a quilting class last night, and since I have all the materieal for the quilt, all it will take is a little will power!

Serenity

Felecia said...

Your baby quilt looks cute! :D

The tag on my blog .... you don't have to do it if you don't want to, but basically you just post the rules on your blog and then the next 4 or 5 commenters after that are automatically tagged and you will fill out the info about them on a new post on your blog. Then they can do it on their blogs! :) Does that it explain it better?

Glad I picked the strawberry jello for you! :D Yay! lol. Have a great week!