BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

The Feelin' Feminie challange

I've done the feellin’ feminine challenge once before but I'm doing it again and this time with my mom! This past week and a half I've stopped wearing pants, so I guess you could say I'm on the challenge permanently. So this time my mom and I will be sharing our pictures and writing out posts together! So here’s my picture for to day!


To day I went to my yearbook/photography class, most every one there was in pants so I felt a little out of place at first but quickly got over than and went crazy taking pictures of the class I had been assigned to photograph. Other than that I’ve just done school and hung around the house.
At the end of this week I'm going to try and make a slide show with all our different pictures.

On another note I was awarded a blog award.

Dear Miss Kira was the dear lady that gave it to me. I'd highly encourage you all to vist her blog and to vist the other ladies to whom she gave the award! I wasn't told how many people to give it to so, in no particular order I give it to:


Mia At Aspiring Homemaker.

Paige At Retro-Belle

Samantha
At running after HIS heart

7 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Hi Sydney,

I found your blog through the homeschooling seniors blog, and I've been visiting it pretty faithfully, as I'm sure you've gathered from my comments on your last posts:-)Your blog is awesome!

Lovely picture of you! Your outfit is gorgeous. So from your second-to-last post about modesty, it sounded like you always wore skirts. Probably because of the part about sewing and skirts...so this is actually something you've just started doing? Just curious:-). Keep up the good work! Yes, you will feel out of place at times, but hey! If you're gonna make a difference, you've got to be a little different! Being modest is tough sometimes, but it's possible!

~Nastya
www.outofthesilence.wordpress.com

PS - I LOVE your hair! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I usually only wear a skirt, and I'm proud of your femininity challenge. Modesty IS important; femininity is important. But modesty and femininity aren't the same thing (I know that you're not claiming they are). I personally don't wear pants as a rule, but I do believe there is a way to wear them modestly. In fact, depending on the situation, pants may be the modest answer. I choose not to do most things that I would seriously need pants to participate in (skydiving, dangerous rock climbing, okay you get the point). But many things (gardening, cleaning, traveling, bowling, and much much more) etc can EASILY be done in a skirt. Many people feel they can't do anything in a skirt. So BRAVO to you for realizing you can be modest and feminine in some regular activities.

Felecia said...

Cute blog! I too always wear skirts and never wear them above my knees. I'm really glad to see other girls out there that really are trying to be modest! :D Btw ... nastya andreyovna (left comment above) is my best friend! :D
Feel free to visit my blog: http://felecia91.blogspot.com/

Sydney Smith said...

Nastya, First to answer your question, Yes I've just started wearing skirts all the time, I never meant for it to sound as if it was something I had been doing. I just did a lot of sewing that happened to be skirts. I'm glad that ya like my outfit! I made the skirt my self and I got the shirt on clearance for next to nothing, have I even mentioned that I love end of season clearance and second hand stores? Lol! Thanks for reading my blog!

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Very pretty shirt and skirt!
I have enjoyed looking at your site. McKenzie

p.s. thanks for commenting on my blog.

Mia said...

Sydney!!
You are beautiful and I love your outfit! (Oh how I wish I could meet you in person) I think its great that your on the "feelin' feminine challenge"--I've been wearing skirts for...over a year now, and haven't looked back! I still wear loose capris at home (every once in a while) but skirts are my favorite! :)
Thank you for the blog award, btw!!

--Mia

Zoe said...

That is such a pretty skirt!

I wear skirts just about all the time and like you said it can get kind of awkward at times.


~Zoe