BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

TAG! I'm it!

Hello dear readers! Its been a little over two weeks since I've last written here! I've been tagged so here it goes: I was tagged by Mackenzie (aka Grl4God) and by SamanthaMarie.

Here is what I (and whoever else I tag) have to do:

Answer some questions from whoever tagged me

Link her to my blog

Tag six more other people and comment on their blog to let them know!
Ok, the first question.


Who is your favorite author and why?
It would have to be Jane Austin! I love all of her books! They really make me long for days past and inspire me to act more feminine!

Who was your first favorite author and why?
I have to agree with Samantha on this one and say Ann M. Martin. For those of y'all who don't know who she is she wrote the "baby-sitters club" books. I used to LOVE those books and would check all of them out from the library and read them over and over!

Who is the most recent addition to your favorite authors and why?

This is gonna sound strange but I would hae to say James W. Loewen, He wrote "lies my teacher told me" it is a history book and its is wonderful! I would highly recommend it! Also Leslie Ludy author for "Authentic Beauty". I really enjoyed this book just because of the heartfelt honestly from which the author wrote, I would recommend this book to y'all as well. Then John and Stasi (I really like that name) Eldredge, authors of "Captivating". The reasons I love this book goes beyond words, If you haven't read it yet then read it!!

So lets see I tag...

Mia

Lydia

Paige

Lauraboralice


I'm working on a post that will be about learning how to knit. I plan on posting step by step pictures and maybe a video. So keep your eyes open and get your needles ready!

7 comment(s):

retrobellewife said...

Thanks for tagging me, but I was already tagged for this one. Mackenzie did it :)
I love Jane Austen, too! I know- don't you wish you could just travel back at least for one day to such a pleasant time. That history book sounds really interesting. I might want to look at that. I use to get such a kick out of my cousin coming to stay with us because often times she'd try to correct me on what I had learned. To her surprise, I always knew something more to back up my information and it always shocked her. I loved history, though!

Anonymous said...

I love Jane Austen books, too, but I don't believe that I would like to do as paige suggests and travel back to "such a pleasant time." I disagree. Those ladies had nothing REAL to do. They just visited and read and wrote letters and stitched or dried flowers. Nothing real, and I think I'd get sick of that kind of existence pretty quickly. Their servants did all the work. If you were poor like the servant class, you had no leisure at all - just hard, hard work.

Anonymous said...

So, how do you like the Everydayminerals makeup? Have you found your perfect color, yet? Don't be discouraged, it could take a few tries.

~Lauraborialice said...

Thanks for tagging me and letting me be your friend! :-D

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while, and have been meaning to comment... I really like your blog. Your template is beautiful!

Come check out mine sometime :)

In Christ,
Kira

http://themissionofachristian.wordpress.com/

SamanthaMarie said...

Oh my! Another BSC fan! I love it :) I think the librarians probably thought I was crazy. I would take six or seven of them home at a time. Quite often I would think about starting my own baby-sitting club. Although it never came to fruition, I still think it would have been a lot of fun :)

Jane Austen is quite a lovely writer. And of course I love Captivating too :D We have quite a few favorite authors in common, I love it!!

I will have to check out Leslie Ludy, that's the second time I've seen her name in the past two days. Although, for the life of me I can't remember where I read it the first time.

I pray all has been well! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Sydney! I just got back from vacation and I wanted to see what was up with you! I missed visiting... I hope you're doing well!

Love
MJ