BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Playing mommy


Last night when I called my house from work, my dad picked up the phone. This is strange because my mom normally answers the phone, so I asked where mom was. I heard a sigh and he told me she was feeding the cats, I was like "what??" as being we don't have cats and that my dad strongly dislikes cats! All he said was I don't want to talk about it! Then my mom called me back after she was done and told me that she had found four newborn kittens that had been abandoned. They can't be more than 2 days old because they still have their cords. She and my brothers had found them wandering blindly around the yard of the empty house next to ours; cold and crying pitifully. They found the first to in the early evening then a few hours later went back to make sure they found them all and found two more even colder and still alone and crying.

By the time I got home they had eaten once and where curled up in a box asleep. Four little balls of fuzzy-ness! Last night they slept in my room and I was up every few hours checking on them and trying to feed them. So far they are all doing quite well and are currently sleeping in a plastic tote box lined with blankets right next to me. The only pictures we have of them are on my mom’s camera so I'll have to wait to post them. Oh, you want me to tell you what they look like? Ok, since you asked about my babies! One is black, one is black with gray stripes, the other is black with a tan spot on his head and a white mouth, and the other is black with gray and tan stripes. They are so cute and just so tiny; they fit in my hands so perfectly!

I told y'all that I would post the response I got about my head covering! So here it goes! Wednesday night most people thought it was just a wide headband, a few girls who knew what I was doing said that it looked very pretty and one girl even said I looked like Maid Marian from Robin Hood, I guess that’s a good thing? She said it like it was! Then last night at work a man was having a conversation and was cursing every so often, when we saw me and looked at my head he quickly apologized for his rough language and said that he hoped he hadn't offended me! I think tomorrow is when the rest of the church people will notice that I'm wearing headcoverings which makes me very nervous! So once again I promise to tell y'all how it goes!

Have a great weekend!

5 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Sydney, don't be nervous about people's reactions. It sounds like they have all been very positive so-far. Don't take this the wrong way, but people probably don't focus on what you're wearing quite as much as you think. If anything, you will probably get treated even more so like a lady and people will have more respect for you.

Anonymous said...

I think that your blog is wonderful! Clearly wearing a headcovering cause people to look at you differently, generally with more respect. God bless you on your journey!

Anonymous said...

Kittens! We don't have a cat for a pet, though we used to. All we have now is a stray white cat whom we've nicknamed Kimba!

I'm glad the reactions have been positive so far! But after a while of wearing it you will get used to just about anything and it won't make you nervous anymore! ;)

~ Lacy

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the kittens. I know how it feels to have to play mommy a 3am!!!!!

I'm glad everything went well with wearing the headcovering! God bless you dear friend!

retrobellewife said...

Sydney, although I am not a fan of cats at all, my heart felt for your poor kittens. I am so glad y'all could help them.
I have been catching up on your posts. It sounds like you have been wonderfully busy and discovering quite alot.
Isn't it wonderful to be blessed with fathers who truly care for their daughters. It seems to be a rare thing now a days that a father takes interest in his daughter's life. Daddy keeps an eye on my sister and I while still hoping we marry one day- to the right boy. Waiting can be hard, but just as you said, it can be quite pleasant. Our gift is surely something to guard carefully.
Congratulations on your senior year! I was a homeschool senior in 2007. Oh, how long ago that was! :)